It's May Day tomorrow and most of Europe won't be working. Neither will I incidentally, and I'll be mostly incummunicado until Monday.
In the meantime, if you really have to have your fiber fix, here's a number of interesting links to look at:
- Tim Poulus's write up about Singpore's FTTH plans (written earlier this month)
- Kostas Troulos' write-up on Estonian Fiber Plans
- James Enck points to a study on the impact of IT investment for the UK economy. Hopefully I'll blog about it once I've read it.
- Herman Wagter reports on fiber in the middle-east
- Geoff Daily blogs about latency and how it's more important than speed. This in argument I have made hear already, and it's worth hearing again. Plus he has a really cool graph of latency before and after FTTH.
- Om Malik challenges Verizon's comments on Cablevision's 100Mbps service
And if that's not enough reading, you need to get a life!